Illustration workshop hosted at the Vilnius Design School
From 11th to 14th April, Corelia Pinault, Director of Studies for the Fashion Design BTS at LISAA Nantes, was invited by the Vilnius Design School (VDK/Lithuania) to lead a fashion illustration workshop to coincide with the international week at this partner school.
A workshop on the theme of memory
Corelia Pinault, Director of Studies for the Fashion Design BTS at LISAA Nantes, led a four-day fashion illustration workshop on the theme of "Lost Memories" at Vilniaus Dizaino Kolegija (Vilnius/Lithuania). The idea was to reinterpret the Lithuanian national dress by working on the style through drawing. The results of this research work were presented in the form of contemporary versions of traditional postcards.
This workshop was an opportunity for young designers to explore several questions:
- Do we, as fashion designers, have a responsibility to take our cultural heritage into account in order to design?
- Is tradition essentially linked to rural life, or does it also draw from urban culture?
- How do you transmit a collective memory that is not your own?
- How do we wear accessories that are specific to our cultural background that do not seem to be compatible with our daily lives?
- How do you launch a new product inspired by clothing heritage adapted to an urban style?
- How can memory be a source of inspiration for a new design?
A meeting of several European schools and universities
VDK is one of LISAA’s long-term partners. As an Erasmus partner, student and teacher exchanges have already taken place several times between the schools – and it was as part of this programme that Corelia Pinault was invited by Aldis Fledzinskas, director of Vilniaus Dizaino Kolegija.
Several European schools and universities were represented for the occasion of this international week:
- Fontys Academy for Creative Industries - the Netherlands
- Escola d’Art Superior de Disseny - Valencia, Spain
- Özyeğin University - Turkey
- Accademia Della Moda - Italy
- Escuela Superior de Diseño de Aragón - Zaragoza, Spain
- Beykent University - Turkey
- EASD Serra - Abella, Spain