Screening of the 2-D animated short film "D'Ombres et d'Ailes"
On Wednesday 4th May 2016, Elice Meng and LISAA graduate Eleonora Marinoni will be coming to LISAA Animation to present their animated short film "D'Ombres et d'Ailes" (Of Shadows and Wings) produced by Vivement Lundi ! and Nadasdy Film.
D'Ombres et d'Ailes
D'Ombres et d'Ailes is an animated short film using birds as a metaphor for humans. Its main themes are the place of the individual in a group, conditioning by one-track thinking, exclusion, the right to difference and indignation, and love.
A PROJECT BORNE OF A MEETING
The inspiration for this film came from a meeting between Mathieu Courtois, producer at Vivement Lundi !, and Elice Meng, artist. Elice was painting birds and Mathieu Courtois, fascinated by their poetry, saw an opportunity to animate them.
Mathieu Courtois then contacted Eleonora Marinoni, graduate from the Animation department of LISAA Paris, to co-direct the film. She in turn asked Gaëlle Diot-Néant, also a LISAA graduate, to be involved in the layout, scenery and colourization.
The graphic identity of the film is mainly based on painting, drawing, ink, and gouache, to create personalized textures and real transparent washes or materials painted with a palette knife. That being said, the aim was not to make an animated painted film, but rather a film animated in 2-D.
A MULTI AWARD WINNING FILM
- Film Festival Locarno (Switzerland): Silver Leopard and Youth Jury Award
- Fantoche Film Festival (Baden, Switzerland): Audience Award
- Zinebi International Festival (Bilbao, Spain): Mikeldi de Plata
- Olympia Film Fest (Pygros, Greece): Best Animated Film Award
- Animation Chico (Chico, USA): Best Animated Film Award
- Fargo Film Festival (Fargo, USA): Best Animated Film Award
- Festival International du Film d'Aubagne (France): Best Original Soundtrack