Students from LISAA Fashion Paris show their work on and off the catwalk at the Who’s Next tradeshow
Students from LISAA Fashion Paris exhibited their “Upcycling” collection, created as part of a partnership with Kiliwatch Paris during the Who’s Next tradeshow in autumn 2015. Amongst them, Alix Dapoigny, recent graduate of 2015, was selected by a judging panel made up of professionals to show on the catwalk on Friday 4th September at 6pm.
A CHOREOGRAPHED CATWALK SHOW
The teams at the Who’s Next tradeshows joined forces with professionals in the field—stylists, buyers, designers—to take part in the end of year viva exams for the fashion design courses and to select the most creative silhouettes. These debut collections had the honour of being showcased during a standout catwalk show, choreographed and set-designed by Virgine Toc.
THE "UPCYCLING" EXHIBITION
Fifteen 2nd year students in Fashion Design/Pattern Making at LISAA Paris rose to the “Upcycling” challenge, a process that consists of transforming reclaimed materials from unused products into new decorative or practical objects. As such, they breathed new life into jeans provided by vintage store Kiliwatch Paris and then exhibited their clothes in a space designed by a former LISAA Interior Architecture and Design student, Maxime Arthur.
CATWALK PRIZE WINNERS
- Alix Dapoigny from LISAA – women’s collection, Paris
- Arthur Avellano from ATELIER CHARDON SAVARD – men’s collection, Paris
- Jacquelyn Chow from PARIS COLLEGE OF ART – women’s collection, Paris
- Guillaume Corbin from ESAA DUPERRE – women’s collection, Paris
- Abiola Adeniran from ISTITUTO MARANGONI – Paris
- Kelsey Hutton from PARSONS – women’s collection, Paris
- Roberta Einer from the UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER – women’s collection, Paris
- Rudy Fontaine & Wenshuang Lu from ESMOD – women’s and men’s collection, Paris
- Benedetta Bianchini from POLIMODA – women’s collection, Florence
- Sarah Isabella Sweeney from ROYAL COLLEGE OF ART – women’s collection, London
- Ritchy Cobral, Arthur Callegari, Heesoo Park & Eugène Park from STUDIO BERÇOT
PROFESSIONALS ON THE JUDGING PANEL
- Anne Tourneux, fashion designer
- Barbara Colas, international brand agent
- Edouard Keller, project manager at the French Federation of Women’s Ready to Wear (FFPAPF)
- Flora McLean, millinery and footwear teacher
- Laury Aragües, founder of the brand Suzy Winkle
- Lyne Cohen-Solal, former deputy mayor of Paris, in charge of professions in the arts
- Marcel Lassance, men’s buyer at Merci
- Mario Dell’Oglio, presidente di Camera Italiana Buyer Moda
- Michael Bonzom, manager of trend forecasting agency NellyRodi
- Sandrine Pannetier, managing director of Martine Leherpeur Conseil
- Régis PENNEL, founder of L’Exception
Photos of the Who's Next tradeshow on Facebook.