Eleventh selection in festivals for "The Golden Lotus"
Directed by Hortense Pien, LISAA Animation & Video Games Paris student, "The Golden Lotus" has been selected for the eleventh time in festivals with the International Children Care Film Festival.
Acknowledged talents abroad
Directed by LISAA Animation & Video Games Paris graduate Hortense Pien, The Golden Lotus has been nominated at several festivals abroad since 2019.
The 2-D animated film is selected at the International Children Care Festival 2020, along with Doll, Casual Tea, A neighbour visit, Phantoms of the Opera, Vers l'ombre, End Game. Last September, it was screened at the Quebec City Film Festival 2019. Presented by Québecor and fuelled by Restos Plaisir, this year the festival presents more than 200 works "from here and elsewhere ", including the film made by our students. It was also screened in Taiwan at the Kuandu International Animation Festival with two other LISAA students films, Mon Pompier Chéri and La Baleine, and at the Brazilian festival Anim!Arte along with four other LISAA films.
Before that, it was selected in May 2019 at the International Animation Film Festival (IAFF) Golden Kuker- Sofia, with Devotion.
Eleven selections for the end-of-studies film
Le Lotus d'Or has now been selected in 11 French and international festivals since it was released in June 2018. Its tenth selection is at the Festival Jeunesse Tout Courts 2020 that will take place in September 25, 26 et 27th in Rémalard-en-Perche and its eleventh selection at the International Children Care Festival 2020 will take place in November 20th-22nd.
The 11 selections:
- Festival du film d’animation Tournus 2018
- Golden Kuker - International Animation Film Fest 2019 (Bulgarie)
- Festival Côté court de Pantin / Section PANORAMA 2019
- Festival jeune public - Havre de cinéma 2019
- PIAFF, Paris International Animation Film Festival 2019
- Festival de cinéma de la ville de Québec (FCVQ) 2019
- 2019 Anim!Arte Festival - 15th International Animation Festival of Brasil
- 2019 KuanDu International Animation Festival (KDIAF)
- FIFH Lyon 2020 - Festival international du film sur le handicap 2020 (compétition Animation)
- Festival Jeunesse Tout Courts 2020
- International Children Care Festival 2020
The Golden Lotus
The film tells the story of Shuilian, a Chinese girl who discovers the tradition of foot binding.
The Golden Lotus is a 2-D animated short film directed by Hortense Pien (Direction, Storyboard, Character Design, Personal Layout, Animation, Compositing), Aimée Duchet (Production Director, Layout, Background, Compositing), Adèle Boulie (Character Design, Layout, Animation, Compositing), Valérian Gruel (Storyboard, Layout, Animation) and Jérome Kabile (Layout, Background, FX, Compositing).